Perfectly secured ascent and descent - from the ground up
TAURUS VERTICAL rail system
The flexible TAURUS VERTICAL from INNOTECH, for all substructures, provides people in fall hazard locations with the option of securing themselves optimally to the mobile anchor point or to the guided type fall arrester.SHOW SYSTEM
Lifeline system AIO
A fall risk occurs wherever vertical ascent/descent takes place, such as on silos, poles, ascent ladders, etc. The VERT-LIFELINE SYSTEM represents a flexible and individualised solution for enabling protected ascent/descent throughout.SHOW SYSTEM
Personal protective equipement PSA-STRING
Intuitive use, optimum comfort, top quality: Just some of the characteristics of our anti-fall harness systems. The PPE STRING harness system is available in Basic, Comfort, and Pro models. All harnesses allow optimum freedom of movement and guarantee that the user is caught safely in the event of a fall.SHOW SYSTEM
In recent years, both the power supply and communication industries have grown significantly. This has been accompanied by the construction and maintenance of an extensive infrastructure of pylons and transmission lines. The landscape is punctuated by power pylons of various designs, radio masts for mobile telephony and Internet, as well as masts for railway catenary, or poles for advertising.
Industrial protection is essential for the service and installation engineers who sometimes work at extreme heights. Safe vertical ascent and descent must be ensured. Intermediate stops and movement along connecting horizontal sections also need consideration when choosing the safety solution. User-friendly and well thought-out fall protection systems reduce user errors, and also allow intuitive operation.
At INNOTECH® we focus on holistic protection – safety from the ground to the top, and back down again. For this, there is a wide range of safety systems to select from. Various lifeline and rail systems are available which, in combination with personal protective equipment (PPE), provide the maximum possible safety to service and maintenance personnel.
Rail system for vertical use
The TAURUS VERTICAL rail system is used wherever vertical ascents and descents require protection. Regardless whether ladder access, shelving/mast systems (with or without ladder), steel constructions with access systems, or as a means for shaft ...
All-in-one lifeline system, vertica
The VERT LIFELINE SYSTEM is used wherever vertical ascents or descents require protection. Regardless whether ladder access, shelving/mast systems (with or without ladder) or steel constructions with access systems, it provides continuous fall ...
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT PPE
Intuitive use, optimum comfort, top quality: Just some of the characteristics of our anti-fall harness systems. The PPE STRING harness system is available in Basic, Comfort, and Pro models. All harnesses allow optimum freedom of movement and ...
Specific danger situation for transmission line construction
Not only is the immense working height often a critical factor, but the voltage in the cables also presents a danger. On top of this, weather conditions such as heat can be hazardous. They can create physical symptoms and malaise, and even result in loss of consciousness. In such a case, the person in the danger area must secure himself/herself appropriately. Recovery from the safety system also needs to be as quick and straightforward as possible.
Re-attaching and detaching from the safety system also create a further potential risk. This can be necessary for a horizontal movement (e.g. on lattice pylons). In addition, if no ladder is available for access, a safe access aid must made available. A well thought-out safety concept is therefore essential for the safety of the service personnel.
Benefits of personal protection on transmission lines and pylons
- Continuous protection from the ground up to the working height: Detaching and re-attaching can even be avoided completely. With INNOTECH® rail systems, even horizontal or inclined runs can be implemented.
- Versatile installation: It is not essential to make drillings for the fall protection system – fastening by clamping is also possible. INNOTECH® systems are installed onto many substructures, for example steel, aluminium, or concrete. For ladders, rung dimensions up to 45 mm diameter are supported.
- Incorrect use is excluded: This is ensured by the vertical slider with safety function (up & down).
- Easy movement up and down: The INNOTECH® sliders move easily – both on rail and on lifeline systems.
Challenges for fall protection systems on transmission lines and pylons:
- Combination of vertical and horizontal routes: The application cases on pylons and transmission line constructions can be extremely specific. The TAURUS rail system from INNOTECH® is an all-round solution which masters not only vertical and horizontal routes, but also curves and twists.
- Cable tension during temperature fluctuations: Steel cables expand during heat and contract during cold. These changes must be taken into account in the length of the cable. The INNOTECH® lifeline systems have continuous spring pre-tension which compensates variations in the cable length.
- Easy inspection of fall protection components which are not visible: Safety systems require regular inspection and maintenance. But individual components are often not directly visible, and this makes inspection more difficult. This lifeline system from INNOTECH® is therefore designed in such a way that all parts can be inspected at any time, either directly or with the aid of a drone.
- Creation of continuous protection: User errors can occur with complicated systems, for example when attaching or detaching. However, the INNOTECH® systems for personal safety are especially user-friendly. Attaching and detaching can be avoided on the TAURUS rail system. Errors in use are almost excluded.
Safety at dizzying heights: TAURUS from INNOTECH as fall protection for the MED CAMPUS Linz
The building’s modern, aesthetic facade, designed by the LORENZATELIERS architectural practice, obviously has to be cleaned and maintained regularly.…
Even very modern facades also need fall protection
Time to travel new paths. That’s the motto of Lobster Data GmbH in Tutzing (Bavaria). But it’s not just as a software provider that Lobster puts its…
Limmern pumped-storage plant - focus on safety
Back in 2009 the operators of Kraftwerke Linth-Limmern AG extended the facility, which has a 1054 metre long dam wall at around 2500 metres above sea…