Fall protection for wind turbines
The BARRIER-ATTIKA SYSTEM is a version of the BARRIER guardrail system which is permanently installed on various substructures (e.g. parapet, steel constructions, etc.).SHOW SYSTEM
TAURUS VERTICAL rail system
The flexible TAURUS VERTICAL from INNOTECH, for all substructures, provides people in fall hazard locations with the option of securing themselves optimally to the mobile anchor point or to the guided type fall arrester.SHOW SYSTEM
PSA Personal protective equipment
Intuitive use, optimum comfort, top quality: Just some of the characteristics of our anti-fall harness systems. The PPE STRING harness system is available in Basic, Comfort, and Pro models. All harnesses allow optimum freedom of movement and guarantee that the user is caught safely in the event of a fall.SHOW SYSTEM
A fall risk occurs wherever vertical ascent/descent takes place, such as on silos, poles, ascent ladders, etc. The VERT-LIFELINE SYSTEM represents a flexible and individualised solution for enabling protected ascent/descent throughout.SHOW SYSTEM
TAURUS HORIZONTAL rail system
The flexible TAURUS HORIZONTAL from INNOTECH, for all substructures, provides people in fall hazard locations with the option of securing themselves optimally to the mobile anchor point or to the guided type fall arrester.SHOW SYSTEM
The continuous growth of the wind energy sector has resulted in a significant increase in the number of wind turbines in Germany. Currently 28,443 of them are in operation – and the growth in Austria is similar. Depending on the type, design, height, manufacturer, and location (onshore or offshore) the turbines are of very different structures. However, they all share one important thing in common: They must be equipped with appropriate equipment for fall protection.
A reliable, modern, and above all certified solution is essential in order that activities at, on, and in a wind turbine can be performed at all. INNOTECH® is therefore extending its scope of activities to include wind power. This now ensures the safety of service personnel and of everyone located in fall-risk areas in this specialised application area.
Rail system for horizontal use
The TAURUS HORIZONTAL rail system is used wherever movements along a horizontally running pathway need to be protected from a fall risk. Regardless whether along roofs, facades, for overhead use, in industry or in connection with photovoltaic ...
Rail system for vertical use
The TAURUS VERTICAL rail system is used wherever vertical ascents and descents require protection. Regardless whether ladder access, shelving/mast systems (with or without ladder), steel constructions with access systems, or as a means for shaft ...
All-in-one lifeline system, vertica
The VERT LIFELINE SYSTEM is used wherever vertical ascents or descents require protection. Regardless whether ladder access, shelving/mast systems (with or without ladder) or steel constructions with access systems, it provides continuous fall ...
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT PPE
Intuitive use, optimum comfort, top quality: Just some of the characteristics of our anti-fall harness systems. The PPE STRING harness system is available in Basic, Comfort, and Pro models. All harnesses allow optimum freedom of movement and ...
Personal safety on wind turbines during the vertical ascent
Not every wind turbine has a so-called service lift. If this equipment is not present, then ascent and descent always have to take place vertically. The TAURUS VERTIKAL rail system from INNOTECH® provides continuous protection when moving within the danger area. For this, the TAURUS-GLEIT-V21 slider allows smooth movement along the system. It is thus possible to ensure a rapid descent, even in an emergency, if this is what the rescue concept requires. But the ascent is also continuously protected. For this, matching lanyards and the PSA-STRING-1-PRO industrial climbing harness are deployed. Optimally positioned single anchor points in turn provide optimum protection when detaching/re-attaching during the transit to the rest platforms. Another option for ensuring optimum fall protection includes the use of the TAURUS ALLROUND. This provides protection against falling during vertical ascent and descent, and also during transit to the rest platforms. It continuously protects both vertical and horizontal transits. The TAURUS-GLEIT-A-31 was developed especially for the TAURUS ALLROUND, and in this application it provides free-running movement along the system.
Fall protection on the wind turbine roof
Servicing, maintenance, and repair tasks are often routine activities. However, there are always situations which are challenges affecting not only novices, but also experienced experts. One false step or a lack of attention – even if just slight – can have fatal consequences. This is why service personnel and other people active on the turbine require a reliable fall protection system. For example, struts on the roof represent an obstacle which leads service personnel close to the fall edge. Rail systems, such as the TAURUS from INNOTECH®, are one option for providing optimum protection of these areas.
Benefits of INNOTECH fall protection systems on wind turbines
- Continuous protection of the personnel located on the turbine during the vertical ascent from the modern and reliable TAURUS VERTICAL system
- Flowing movement along the system, thanks to the TAURUS-GLEIT-V21 and TAURUS-GLEIT-A-31, which allow a rapid descent down the ladder, especially in an emergency.
- Maximum safety through flexible adaptation options of the rail on the roof of the wind turbine
- Components matched to each other: INNOTECH® solutions are specially matched to each other, and are at the current state of the art. They provide a high level of comfort and can be combined with each other perfectly. In particular, the combination of personal protective equipment (PPE), slider, and safety system should be noted here.
Challenges regarding personal safety on wind generators a wind turbine
- “Outdated” systems do not always provide optimum safety. For this reason, certified solutions at the current state of the art should be relied upon. This is of particular importance for the vertical descent. It must be possible to perform this rapidly in an emergency, without workers being impeded by bulky sliders.
- Single anchor points which are not optimally positioned create instability when detaching/re-attaching between the ladder and the rest platform. Particularly in this area, matching solutions and good accessibility of the single anchor points are of the greatest importance. However, a continuous safety solution would be preferable.
- The edge of the wind turbine roof creates a fall risk which should not be underestimated. Dangers from detaching/re-attaching between the single anchor points are completely neutralised by the use of INNOTECH® rail protection.
- Tools required on the turbine and needing to be transported upwards restrict the freedom of movement of specialist workers. Here a rail system provides the solution, because it provides continuous protection without detaching or re-attaching.
What INNOTECH can do for you
Free discussion with expert
Questions about installation and maintenance
Proposals, orders, and current projects
Limmern pumped-storage plant - focus on safety
Back in 2009 the operators of Kraftwerke Linth-Limmern AG extended the facility, which has a 1054 metre long dam wall at around 2500 metres above sea…
A hydropower plant with a PV installation, the pioneering project AlpinSolar at a glance
It was a project of superlatives: Perched at an altitude of 2,500 meters above sea level in the Glarner mountain region of the Swiss Alps, the…
Success Story Fall Protection Hydro-electric Plant illwerke Vandans
So that a fish ladder can optimally perform its very useful and important task, it must be maintained and cleaned regularly. How often this is…